South and Townhead Church Hall
South and Townhead Church Hall was the venue of Major Myrseth’s Folk Museum from 1950-56, and was located on Shakespeare Street at the intersection with Burns Street. After the war Major Myrseth remained in Dumfries and resumed his previous Norwegian folk studies, exhibiting a broad range of items including a penny farthing that locals remember riding as children. In 1955 the museum received 5,000 visitors according to local press. The South and Townhead Church congregation united with that of St Michael’s in 1983 and the church hall was demolished. The residential complex South and Townhead House now occupies the site.
 Canmore website, page on South and Townhead Church Hall [accessed 10.3.2017] <https://canmore.org.uk/site/159746/dumfries-shakespeare-street-south-and-townhead-church>
 Dumfries & Galloway Standard article, ‘Dumfries Folk Museum’, July 7, 1956
 Dumfries Churches website, page on St Michael’s and South Parish Church [accessed 10.3.2017] <http://dumfrieschurches.org.uk/churches-in-dumfries/st-michaels-and-south-parish-church>